Soliloquies

A place to find rants, critiques, random opinions, selected accounts & reflections on my everyday life...

 
Time Now
Words of Wisdom
Location Map
Locations of visitors to this page
Aao Angrezi Seekhein
Word of the Day
No. of visitors so far
Your Experience here
Born Today
Today's Birthday
Aaj ki Tazaa Khabar
In the News
The last few 'Royal' trips...
Saturday, November 10, 2007
The last four lines substantiate the crux of my Diwali this year. Though it wasn’t too bad after all – But frankly speaking, there wasn’t anything great about it either. Now before I can jump on the Diwali story, I need to justify my sabbatical from the blogging space. I always had the passion to write, but perhaps the other passion (or the urge!) to work is always slightly higher which kept me to my daily official tasks & away from the notepad. In the meanwhile, there were many incidences which I’d liked to pen down. But having gone past them I don’t think I’ll ever do that again. So thought of at least listing them here, so that they’re captured in text apart from my memories:

  • The Royal Official Visa trip: Just a day of regality wherein I flew King-kisser airlines, leched on the cute Punjabi stewardess, got a dedicated chauffer driven Optra to start with (which was later replaced by an Accent), drove down the length of the city, did some shopping, visited a friend & dined in a dhaba. Everything was just royal & perfect on that day. [And yes – I got my Visa too]

  • Toronto Reloaded: In the space of just about a year, we were flying again to Toronto – Our international abode. The journey this time was far less eventful (but none less exciting) that the first time. But once we touched down the city, it caught our excitement (yet again!) The apartments were better than the last ones & the office had shifted too. We are all set for the second innings.

  • The Royal-er Official trip: If royal was the term given to the one-day Visa trip to Chennai, then this one should be termed no less than ‘Imperial’ or ‘Majestic’. For the 2 day offsite trip to a resort in North-Toronto was something you only get to watch in movies or dream about in fantasy. First of all, it came in at the last minute & at a surprise. I was told in the weekend that I need to reach this resort on Monday morning for a 2-day internal session. I was wondering what kinda session are we gonna do in a ‘resort’. All the queries were pleasantly answered after we reached there after a 90 minutes drive on Monday morning in my Manager’s plush car. It was a calm & serene place. The tranquility was disturbed only by the gentle breeze. There was a vast stretch of individual cottages lined up & half of them overlooking a beautiful lake. There was also a large landscaped golf course outdoors. In the indoors – you had all that you can ask for in a multi starred location. The suite was princely too. For among the obvious furniture, it included a Jacuzzi, an arrangement for house-fire, and a big balcony overlooking the woods & the beautiful lake. Apart from the sessions that we anyways had to attend, we had a great dinner & we also had an outdoor activity. And the activity was – A bumpy ride around the woods & the rocks on a Hummer.. (Yes you read it right – A Hummer it was!). And it was the ride of our lives. We went through timberland & bouldered terrains & enjoyed the various acrobatics of the Hummer. The two days passed in this location like a flash but the memories are bound to remain forever.

Well, that were the back-logs of the old months as they passed by. Hope to be more regular (at least for the next month or so)

posted by Nihar Ashish @ 6:57 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Nihar Ashish
Home: Bangalore, India
About Me: Nature soothes me... Speed thrills me... Adventure appeals me... Art mystifies me... Music entices me... Beauty inspires me... All of these, COMPLETE me.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
My Favourite Links
Play Area
Hangman
Live traffic
Contact Me
Soliloquies - © Nihar Ashish. Visit my personal page - The Incorrigible Nincompoop !!!